View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 02:08 PM   #393 (permalink)
Sven7
Master EcoModder

Boo Radley - '65 Ford F100
90 day: 13.28 mpg (US)
I will print out the mirror law. Been kind of wondering if anyone would think I'm drunk but it hasn't really happened yet.

Both exterior mirrors are removed in accordance with MN statute 169.70.

Quote:
Every motor vehicle which is so constructed, loaded or connected with another vehicle as to obstruct the driver's view to the rear thereof from the driver's position shall be equipped with a mirror so located as to reflect to the driver a view of the highway for a distance of at least 200 feet to the rear of such vehicle.
Anyway, last night I was biking in the ghetto with a friend. My crank broke so the pedal literally fell off and he towed me back via a stripped electrical cord lying next to a vacant lot. He's a bit of a collector so we drove to his place to get me a new bike. On the way he mentioned he saw something flapping under my car- the belly pan. So THAT'S what it was. I ripped the rear half of it off because it had somehow come undone (or maybe I didn't secure it properly). I'll have to put it back on before the drive to MN.

We ended up throwing together a patina'd red 1963 Schwinn American to replace the broken 60's Hawthorne. It'll play well with my green/white '58 Schwinn.