View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 08:46 PM   #123 (permalink)
bandit86
Master EcoModder

Buggie - '01 Vw Beetle TDI Gls
I said google octane booster, I posted the mods for amsoil 120 octane booster but the site won't let me hotlink. Feel free to copy and paste since obviously google is beyond your capabilities.

http://www.amsoil.com/msds/aob_cob.pdf

The site lists up to 5% parrafin as additives, but if you read through it it is 95-99% kerosene. Thanks for coming out. Material Safety Data Sheet on a off the shelf octane booster, wow imagine that! Maybe the nay Sayers should google stuff before speaking up and shooting everything down, eh? Since you lack the skills to google then anything you say should be moved into the unicorn corral since you obviously don't research anything.

G'day.

And of course to all vehicles will benefit form octane boosters, if a engine was designed for 87 octane it will not run well on 94 octane racing gas, but oa car requiring high octane fuel if you fill up 87 and add the specified amount of octane booster to the tank then you will have the right octane rating.

And where did you get that diesel has a octane rating of 20? That is so far out there are no words to describe it

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjts1 View Post
This whole thread needs to be moved into the unicorn area.

Show me a credible source that says Kerosene is an octane booster. For that matter show me ANY source for that information. Kerosene just like diesel fuel has very low octane rating, in the 20s. Why don't you google that.
Homebrew Octane Boosters

Shocking!

Let us know how the engine rebuild goes.

Maybe the 'nay sayers' have something to teach you.