View Single Post
Old 05-16-2012, 09:50 PM   #177 (permalink)
mjspiess
EcoModding Lurker

The Blue Bomber - '95 Geo Metro
90 day: 52.09 mpg (US)
Yeah, you're right Cobb. It's not going to hurt to try. I've thought about trying it on my wife's '97 Grand AM GT to see how well it works.

100 MPG is prob. not feasable and still maintain a good speed, but maybe 70-80 MPG may be attainable. I was surprised on how well it really does. If I tried really really hard I think I'd be able to do just as well, but it's such fine movements of the gas pedel. I'd rather leave that up to a machine and focus on the road

I filled up tonight. I drove 477.7 miles on 8.393 gallons of gas for an average of 56.9 MPG. Top speed was 70 MPH with an average moving speed of 51 MPH. This tank was with "normal" cruise. With the new settings, it pretty much pulses and glides between 55-65 MPH on its own based on elevation changes. It slows down going up hills like the MAP mod, but then slowly brings your speed back up once it drops ~5 MPH below your set speed, but over shoots your Set speed by ~5 MPH, then glides and so on. After a while on level road, it levels out to the Set speed. Also, with the new settings I can't set the cruise until I reach at least 37 MPH now vs 25 MPH. I believe this is due to the PPM set to 8000 instead of 4000. I figured this tank would be about the same as the last one since pulsing and gliding works really well, but it was 1.2 MPG less. In order for my speed not to drop below 55 MPH (minimum speed limit) I had to set the cruise at 59-60 MPH, so I'm guessing that is why it's a little less since my target speed is usually 57-59 MPH. Instead of running another tank like this, I'm going to mix it up and use the VSS cruise for the 55-70 MPH highway portion where I really should at least be going 55 MPH and MAP cruise for ~10 miles off the highway where there really is no minimum speed limit during my commute and see what kind of results I get.