View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012, 11:04 AM   #12 (permalink)
bennelson
EV test pilot

Electric Cycle - '81 Kawasaki KZ440
90 day: 334.6 mpg (US)

S10 - '95 Chevy S10
90 day: 30.48 mpg (US)

Electro-Metro - '96 Ben Nelson's "Electro-Metro"
90 day: 129.81 mpg (US)

The Wife's Car - Plug-in Prius - '04 Toyota Prius
90 day: 78.16 mpg (US)
I got to test out the Street model last summer at the Green Drive Expo in Madison, Wisconsin.

Unfortunately, it was only out in a very large (expo center!) parking lot, which had some traffic and a little more gravel sprinkled about than I would have liked....

Overall, I rather liked it.
The belt drive is REALLY quiet. It's the only belt-drive electric motorcycle I've had a chance to try yet. (The original Brammo Enertia chain drive screams by comparason, yet is nothing compared to a gas bike.)

The Zero did have a bit of a feeling that it was a really high-end conversion. The built-in charger was a stock one that I recognized that folks can just mail-order. I swear that the "click" of the main contactor was IDENTICAL to the one on my homebuilt EV Kawasaki KZ440....

The frame was nice and light-weight. The seat felt just a tad stiff, and a little high. I'm sure that if I had bought the bike, I could have adjusted the suspension to compensate.

Overall, it was zippy and fun.

Of course, they now have a 2012 model, and they did change a few things on it, so I'll have to see about test-riding that version sometime!

300mpg.org Learn how to BUILD YOUR OWN ELECTRIC CAR CHEAP
My YouTube Videos