View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 11:52 AM   #8 (permalink)
California98Civic
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lino View Post
I have been looking for a good looking and functional air dam as well, California98Civic, do you have any pictures of yours?
If you click over to my profile and look at my photo album, you'll see a pic of my current airdam. Just inexpensive black plastic lawn edging from my local Denault's Tru-Value hardware store. It has good stiffness under wind when you install it with a curve. Mine is on there with four screws and two twisted-up black paperclips where I could possibly need to remove part of the dam on the side of the road for a tow one day, not that my car would ever breakdown, of course. Been on there a couple months now, and no sign of any troubles. I trimmed the edging with a box cutter to a shorter ledge, for better clearance on speed-bumps and driveways. I also made side skirts with the extra edging, but I dislike them and will probably replace them.
See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.