View Single Post
Old 05-31-2012, 01:10 PM   #726 (permalink)
MPaulHolmes
PaulH

Michael's Electric Beetle - '71 Volkswagen Superbeetle 500000
Thanked 1,202 Times in 765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nlc View Post
IE : base pate --> isolation film -> bus bar and phases bar --> mosfets, the screw tightening the 4 together ?
EXACTLY!
Quote:
It mean you cannot disassemble everything when the power board is solder on mosfet ?
Actually, the bus bars don't get screwed to the base plate, but you put some high temperature silicone on them, and clamp the 2.54mm thick PCB against them, and then solder the mosfets/igbts onto the power board. Then add the drivers and control board. The low side driver is hard to remove because the mosfet legs get soldered right to it.

Quote:
And the 2 small pcb on the phase bar on the right are the current sensors !?? Seems to be great, where do you find that !? Is it hall technology or they measure the small potential difference between the 2 fixation holes ?
I made the little current sensor boards, and the chip senses the magnetic field, and outputs a voltage. It's a melexis LB that I'm using (low field). This one on that bus bar has a range of around -400 to 400 amps for the full range of 0v to 5v output). I'm only using -300 to 300 or so.

Ben, those bars cheat (cheater bar haha), don't date them.