View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 05:13 PM   #738 (permalink)
MPaulHolmes
PaulH

Michael's Electric Beetle - '71 Volkswagen Superbeetle 500000
Thanked 1,202 Times in 765 Posts
Absolutely no stinking mistakes on the AC control board or driver boards or power board. This has never happened. haha. All the safety features work perfectly. I finally assembled the whole thing, and tested the drive section without anything hooked up to the 3 phases. The -8v to 15v is working very well. the poor igbts are being pile-drived into submission on turnoff. haha. I'm going to do a video showing what the pwm signals of each of the 3 phases look like for V/Hz control. It's pretty interesting.

I have one major problem. The AC motor that actually has an encoder is only good up to like 1 amp per phase. haha. I feel fairly sure that it won't be sufficient resolution to test the FOC code on that motor. The big fat motor can handle higher amps, but the motor post is too big for the encoder from the company that I've ordered from before. So, if anyone knows of a good "encoder" company I'd be happy to hear about it, yo!

Yes, I'll post all the schematics once I see that it doesn't blow up under load. haha.

And yes, that other controller was a commercial design, but was very clean, using an intelligent power module from Powerex I think.
sawickm (06-12-2012)