View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 11:53 AM   #19 (permalink)
bennelson
EV test pilot

Electric Cycle - '81 Kawasaki KZ440
90 day: 334.6 mpg (US)

S10 - '95 Chevy S10
90 day: 30.48 mpg (US)

Electro-Metro - '96 Ben Nelson's "Electro-Metro"
90 day: 129.81 mpg (US)

The Wife's Car - Plug-in Prius - '04 Toyota Prius
90 day: 78.16 mpg (US)
The trip out to Vienna was kinda crazy.
It took three different flights to get there. One in the US, in to cross the Atlantic, and another to cross Europe.

On the trans-Atlantic flight, we were on the the runway, when one of the flight-attendants said something like "Oh no, I hope we get out of here soon enough..."

It turned out that Airforce One was going to be landing at our airport. Whereever Airforce One is, EVERYTHING else shuts down.

We were already on the runway, and ended up being there for about an hour all together. I wouldn't mind having my flight delayed, if at least I was in the airport. Stuck on the runway for any amount of time is never fun, but especially when you have another 8 hours to spend in the plane AND have to catch another flight.

So, Obama made me miss my connection in Frankfurt, Germany. Nothing like still recovering from a broken leg, trying to run through a foreign airport, while being jet-lagged, and not speaking the language!

That was a bit nerve-racking. When I finally did find somebody to help me and rebook a flight, I noticed that right behind me was a display of the Opel Ampera!

What an unexpected start to my trip!

300mpg.org Learn how to BUILD YOUR OWN ELECTRIC CAR CHEAP
My YouTube Videos