View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 11:05 PM   #155 (permalink)
t vago
MPGuino Supporter

iNXS - '10 Opel Zafira 111 Anniversary

Suzi - '02 Suzuki Swift GL
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH77 View Post
Prime example (same area, different driver), I used to drive this exact stretch of road all the time, and once in a while when I come back for work or to visit my folks (last time was April). Yes, rush hour is intense, drivers have to adapt.
Oh, yes. The I-76 merge exit on I-77 North is especially fun, as is the de facto drag race strip after SR 21 merges onto I-77 North.

Quote:
I drive the limit there in rental cars (more on that in a moment). But, one of the biggest differences between much of NE Ohio and other places is enforcement. You will see more officers set up for speeders in this region (per capita) than most anywhere else. As a teenage licensed driver there from 1993-1999, I was never pulled over (their presence was a reminder to keep speed in check).
It's amazing, truly it is. I will see two or three cops every single day on I-480 and I-77 South, just sitting there. Sometimes, if I take SR 8 instead, I'll see one sitting right there right before the Front St. exit. They're a lot less active once you get to Stark County, though.

Quote:
Up between Cleveland and Akron on I-77 Southbound (before the I-271 Interchange), there's a sign that reads "Through Traffic Keep Left". With the mass-merging traffic on a short ramp, safety prevails and even speed-limit drivers need to move left (within reason, of course).
Yah, that's a fun little stretch. I-77 Northbound is almost as bad in that vicinity.

Quote:
People texting-and-driving or inattentively talking on the phone, has by-far been the biggest threat to safety and smooth traffic flow for me lately. Red-light runners are another big problem.
Ugh. I see this a lot, too, along with the occasional wildly gesticulating driver. On my homebound commutes, I also see the occasional semi that can't quite seem to decide what lane it wants to be in.