View Single Post
Old 06-30-2012, 04:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
bennelson
EV test pilot

Electric Cycle - '81 Kawasaki KZ440
90 day: 334.6 mpg (US)

S10 - '95 Chevy S10
90 day: 30.48 mpg (US)

Electro-Metro - '96 Ben Nelson's "Electro-Metro"
90 day: 129.81 mpg (US)

The Wife's Car - Plug-in Prius - '04 Toyota Prius
90 day: 78.16 mpg (US)
Ben Crashes the Electric Motorcycle!

Dear friends.

I've been lying to you, at least by omission...

A while back, I CRASHED my electric motorcycle. It's just taken me a while to get comfortable talking about it, so here goes....

It was a sunny spring afternoon, when I tested the limits of electric vehicle design, physics, and human flesh….

It’s summer already, and you may not have seen me around the usual web forums as much lately. I definately haven’t been quite as busy working on clean transportation projects. If it feels like I’ve been hiding a bit maybe I have.

You see, I CRASHED my electric motorcycle.

This March, we had some particulary nice weather. Wisconsin is known for long winters that drag on, so when the weather does get nice, the motorcycles quickly flock back to the roads. We had about two weeks of HIGHLY unusual summer weather (85 degrees F every day) in the middle of March. I wanted to get my electric motorcycle back on the road, but was busy with work.

One of my YouTube subscribers had sent me a request to make a video showing off how the motorcycle sounds WITHOUT any background music. I finally was able to get off work early one afternoon and pulled out the cycle. Coming out of winter storage is easy with an electric cycle – are the batteries charged? Yes. Is there air in the tires? Yes – great, let’s ride!.......

ENTIRE BLOG ENTRY CONTINUES AT 300MPG.org...

300mpg.org Learn how to BUILD YOUR OWN ELECTRIC CAR CHEAP
My YouTube Videos