View Single Post
Old 06-04-2008, 10:59 PM   #57 (permalink)
Lazarus
ECO-Evolution

Iron Horse (retired) - '97 Iron horse Intrepid

Ninja - '08 Kawasaki 250R
90 day: 76.23 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevlar View Post
Definately not a blanket statement. I've had several occasions where I'll barely gain 1 mpg,(winter gas makes acetone pretty much useless) Then sometimes I'll hit it just right and get 3 to even 5 mpg's, but that's a good stroke of luck, mixture and gas quality. I am not a big proponent or opponent of acetone, all I do is try these things and see what they yield. So far acetone has helped, and in rare occasions, hurt my mileage. (don't overmix!)
This is one of the things I don't understand. Why does it work sometimes and not others. Why does it do 1 mpg gain and a 3 mpg gain other times. This would seem to follow the static that you see from tank to tank testing. Look at gaslogs everyone of them will vary 6-10% if you are a very consitant driver more if not.

When people start testing acetone it's because they are trying to save gas in the first place that's why they are looking into. This with changing all kinds of things on the car and driver. I don't think any additive can be tested tank to tank.