View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 12:24 PM   #21 (permalink)
oil pan 4
Corporate imperialist

Sub - '84 Chevy Diesel Suburban C10
SUV
90 day: 19.5 mpg (US)

camaro - '85 Chevy Camaro Z28

Riot - '03 Kia Rio POS
Team Hyundai
90 day: 30.21 mpg (US)

Bug - '01 VW Beetle GLSturbo
90 day: 26.43 mpg (US)

Sub2500 - '86 GMC Suburban C2500
90 day: 11.95 mpg (US)

Snow flake - '11 Nissan Leaf SL
SUV
90 day: 141.63 mpg (US)
Thanked 3,528 Times in 2,802 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by james.lafrance View Post
ok, not to ruffle any feathers but, an EGR is used for emmision control right? and that only matters if you believe emmisions are a problem, which to some extent i can understand but it's not something I give a rat's @ss about. global warming and that whole nonsense doesn't matter much to me (since it's about the BIGGEST scam man has ever undergone-soley to bring about a carbon tax...) just research solar activity/history.... so an EGR valve is good for lower engine temps, lower emmisions, and it makes the tree huggers happy right? AND less power? so it's not really needed is it?
Weather or not EGR reduces emmisions is debateable.
You get Less NOx, more soot, lower FE, less power and more problems later on.
The only benifet for FE I see is it could reduce engine warm up times. But then again so will grill shutters.
EGR lowers combustion temps, so does water injection (but water injection does not increase diesel soot).
Diesel EGR is not needed and seems to all around be bad.

So as long as you are not in LA or houston TX, NYC then NOx is generally not a problem.

Of course its a scam, they want to back door tax every family between $600 and $3000 a year and they have no way to fix the problem, and will offer no product or service in return, unless you count making electrical power and fuel more expensive as some kind of a service.
I have no problem paying taxes as long as I get something in return.