Thread: Evans Coolant
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 06:24 PM   #8 (permalink)
dwtaylorpdx
EcoModding Apprentice

Well, thoughts,,,
As far as cavitation, this stuff is used in over the road tractor engines costing upwards of 25K if you damage them....

They actually sell 0 pressure radiator caps. Its a good idea cause it will allow the sealed system to expand and contract without losing liquid.

If you use a after market quality electric water pump and controller you can save a lot of mechanical energy because most water pumps do cavitate some all the time. They are usually pumping too much water. I think/suspect the removal of the mechanical pump, would be a way better overall win than even removing a alternator. On light spec engine sports race cars the change is very evident in straightaway speeds. The win as I see it is that your using exactly the amount of energy you need ot move the water and no more...

I plan on this conversion on my jeep wrangler in the near future just because I tried removing the mechanical fan and it was an immediate bump in highway mileage, and
jeeps are kind of known for complete lack of Aero LOL... So mechanical improvements are all I've got.. The electric waterpump would eliminate a really crappy design water pump as well...

We shall see...

Dave
3n3rgystar (07-05-2012)