View Single Post
Old 07-08-2012, 05:55 PM   #183 (permalink)
IamIan
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent00kevin View Post
MPG increased using HHO. Plain and simple.
only if all other variables remained the same ... ie you made no change to your drive route ... no change to drive methods ... no change to average speed ... etc ...

There are people who get 20% more MPG than other people driving the same car ... just from different driving methods ... or from different driving conditions.

Even if you saw the MPG change you report ... without proper testing ... it is just an uninformed leap of faith to assume it was HHO.

Quote:
What is funny is that no matter where I go, HHO naysayers typically get angry and start insulting HHO users. This trend exists all over the internet, and one has to wonder why?
from my experience it is because 90+% of the time ... the HHO advocate does not provide proof to back up their claims ... and in my experience 90+% of the time the HHO advocate will make claims that violate well known and established science ... Science that does have proper 3rd party proof to back it up.

Quote:
HHO users rarely seem to get irritated at the naysayers, but why the other way around?
my experience has been the opposite ... with the HHO advocates making wild claims without proof ... and getting defensive and irritated when others point out their mistakes and errors.

Quote:
And no, I will not take my Caravan with 228,000 miles to a Dyno and pay to have it tested. Thats ludicrous, and I would never spend my own cash to prove someone wrong on the internet. And thats probably why no one ever takes their HHO vehicle to a dyno - its not worth the 'I told you so'.
Two things to note.

#1> If it worked ... and you could prove it with a proper 3rd party dyno test ... you could market it for far more money than the cost of the dyno.

#2> If you have no interest in proof of the claims you make ... no sweat off my back ... believe anything you like ... but it should be obvious to you that others will not believe you either without you providing proof of your claims.

Quote:
It worked for me. The gains werent spectacular and probably barely worth the cost and effort involved, but nonetheless, it worked.
Correction ... you saw a MPG gain ... but you did not indicate here you had the proper testing or controls nor sensors to know what the cause of that gain was from... to assume it was the HHO ... without the proper controls and tests ... is just an unfounded assumption.

I can change the MPG I get from point A to point B just by changing the way I drive ... I can change the MPG driving the same but with different tire pressure ... I can change the MPG driving the same with the same tire pressure if the air temperature is different ... etc ... in order to rule out all those other factors requires controlled test conditions... not gut feeling assumptions... thus why people ask for the dyno testing.