View Single Post
Old 07-08-2012, 10:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
agent00kevin
EcoModding Lurker

Halloo from Indiana

Hi all, Im new here but not new to econo modding. Im currently working on a 1997 S10 and getting 29mpg after a few basic mods (http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...mpg-22510.html) . I also have a 88 S15 that returned 34mpg, driving it however I pleased - which wasnt nice most of the time. Lastly I have a 96 Suburban, and pretty much stopped caring about economy in that - for now.

Ive also averaged 25mpg out of a Caravan 3.3L with very little Mods, loaded with work equipment in the past, consistetly. Its currently parked, needing shocks and the driver's door pins fixed. With 230,000 miles I figured it best to not use it for work anymore, which has me drive 800+ miles per week.

As I said, my main project is the 97 S10. Its got a good round design and after the basics Im seeing a 3-4mpg increase. Ive lurked this site in the past, but finally signed up as Im committed to a reasonable initial goal of 35mpg average - loaded with work equipment.

I dont do most of the hypermiling tricks - many are just dangerous or extreme in my opinion. I just do a few of the basics like coasting downhill, coasting to stoplights and timing my arrival to avoid stopping, and tailing semis.