View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 01:15 AM   #185 (permalink)
fastegg
EcoModding Lurker

Hho

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent00kevin View Post
Im new here but HHo was the first thread I found.

I got 19-21mpg from a 1994 caravan 3.3L without HHO. I got 22-24mpg with the HHO. I drove it for a few years before I installed my own HHO, then drove it for about 15 months with the HHO. MPG increased using HHO. Plain and simple.

What is funny is that no matter where I go, HHO naysayers typically get angry and start insulting HHO users. This trend exists all over the internet, and one has to wonder why? HHO users rarely seem to get irritated at the naysayers, but why the other way around? Ill tell you why: it makes the naysayer look smart and credible (in their own mind)

And no, I will not take my Caravan with 228,000 miles to a Dyno and pay to have it tested. Thats ludicrous, and I would never spend my own cash to prove someone wrong on the internet. And thats probably why no one ever takes their HHO vehicle to a dyno - its not worth the 'I told you so'.

It worked for me. The gains werent spectacular and probably barely worth the cost and effort involved, but nonetheless, it worked.
Hi mr agent00kevin.
Firstly, i'm not a HHO 'nahsayer' as you put it. And my beef is not with you personally or any other HHO user. My beef is with the people selling HHO and claiming all these benifits with not one bit of credible proof, no one bit.
Secondly, I would love more than anything than to see anyone selling HHO to show before and after dyno charts.I would love to SEE it work. And as I say Factory Pro as well as most other company's that sell performance products, all of them have dyno print out's showing before and after installing their product. Everyone does this, everyone EXCEPT people in the HHO 'industry' Yeah, agent00kevin might be getting better FE and more power.... if this is so, how come no one in the 'industry' want to back this up. So you think because I want dyno proof and in 30 years have yet to see it off anyone, you think I do this because it makes me 'look smart and credible (in their own mind)' Good god....
How many other buisnesses & industries around the world could survive and god forbid, prosper with no credible proof their product works other than hearsay, because that is all your evidence is, hearsay. Until someone on this earth in the HHO industry anywhere takes a car to a dyno shop to show power and FE gains and more to the point show power drop and FE increase when HHO is switched off, then for evidence based people like me that's all it will be, hearsay. I mean (in Australia) it would cost about $150 at the dyno to prove their point $150!!!!!!! And you think I want this proof because 'it makes the naysayer look smart in credible (in their own mind)' ?????
So just out of interest Mr agent00kevin, why do you supose no one in the HHO industry (you know, people that sell this stuff based on unsubstantiated claims) have ever shown DYNO PROOF ? .... Why is that ?
kind regards 'The suposed Naysayer'

ps: I guess i'll have to just have to continue asking for proof as it makes the naysayer look smart and credible (in my own mind)