View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 10:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
bennelson
EV test pilot

Electric Cycle - '81 Kawasaki KZ440
90 day: 334.6 mpg (US)

S10 - '95 Chevy S10
90 day: 30.48 mpg (US)

Electro-Metro - '96 Ben Nelson's "Electro-Metro"
90 day: 129.81 mpg (US)

The Wife's Car - Plug-in Prius - '04 Toyota Prius
90 day: 78.16 mpg (US)
What if I wrote a book?

Hey Guys,

I have a question for you. If I wrote a book, would you read it? Would you BUY a copy? Would you check it out if it was at your local library?

Ever since I started my wacky adventures of modifying my life - not just my transportation, but also cooking, water useage, renewable energy, and a whole lot of other things I've done, I've also started BLOGGING about it through my personal blogs and at sites like Ecomodder.

Thinking back on it, I built an electric car never having done it before, I've changed 500-amp fuses on the side of the road in the middle of a thunderstorm, I found out the hard way that brake lines and plasma cutters don't mix (did you know brake fluid is flammable?) I've gotten a speeding ticket in a car that didn't even have an engine. I've traveled to Europe and crash-tested my electric motorcycle. I've helped other people build their own electric cars and met the inventor of the Citicar, Chris Paine, Chelsea Sexton, Ed Begley Jr, and Dave Cloud.

I think I've done enough wild things that I could make a book out of it. I spoke informally with a publisher a while back, and she said it sounded promising.

I've never written anything longer than a report for a night-school class, but I think I could do it.

The idea is that it wouldn't a technical "how-to" book. There's already plenty of books on "How to build an electric car". Nor would it be a book on ecology, with 10 chapters of how the planet is going to crap and only chapter 11 mentions what we might maybe be able to do anything about it.

Instead, it would be a book about what happened in my life when I started learning, doing, modifying, and just trying to be a positive change, no matter how small.

What do you think. Would you buy a book by me about my wacky adventures? Do you have any ideas or suggestions? Let me know.

300mpg.org Learn how to BUILD YOUR OWN ELECTRIC CAR CHEAP
My YouTube Videos