View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 11:12 PM   #13 (permalink)
NeilBlanchard
Master EcoModder
 
NeilBlanchard's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Maynard, MA Eaarth
Posts: 7,584

Mica Blue - '05 Scion xA RS 2.0
Team Toyota
90 day: 42.48 mpg (US)

Forest - '15 Nissan Leaf S
Team Nissan
90 day: 156.46 mpg (US)

Number 7 - '15 VW e-Golf SEL
TEAM VW AUDI Group
90 day: 155.81 mpg (US)
Thanks: 2,953
Thanked 2,608 Times in 1,623 Posts
I'm going to be using waterproof carpenter's glue -- the light brown Titebond. There will be lots of gluing -- the jigsaw joints first, then the 2 copies of the same cut pieces, then the adjacent layers; using the 1/2" holes with alignment dowels. I'm planning on starting at the nose and I should be able to glue up the first 8-12" (at least!) pretty soon.

I started on the smoother SU model using the sections as the starting point, and I found that some parts were less difficult and some were very difficult. I am not sure if I can put the effort into do the new SU, when building the real thing is starting...

I got 6 more sheets cut today -- 10 done and 83 to go! I had "chauffeur" duties for my son today (he was working at my in-laws house), and I had to relearn the process of getting the g-code files. I took the time to correct *most* of the minute drafting glitches already, so doing enough to produce sheets should be relatively quick in the morning. Tomorrow should be 8 or 10 more I hope.
__________________
Sincerely, Neil

http://neilblanchard.blogspot.com/
  Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NeilBlanchard For This Useful Post:
aerohead (10-13-2012), Christ (10-23-2012), HHOTDI (01-09-2013)