View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 09:30 AM   #9 (permalink)
bennelson
EV test pilot

Electric Cycle - '81 Kawasaki KZ440
90 day: 334.6 mpg (US)

S10 - '95 Chevy S10
90 day: 30.48 mpg (US)

Electro-Metro - '96 Ben Nelson's "Electro-Metro"
90 day: 129.81 mpg (US)

The Wife's Car - Plug-in Prius - '04 Toyota Prius
90 day: 78.16 mpg (US)
Thanks for all the response guys!

At this point, I sort of imagine that it would not neccesarily by chronological, but more divided up by subject or topic. It could almost be a series of essays that are grouped together by similar types.

The "Why" would be a big part of the book. I would include a fair amount of how to - er, maybe more of a how I did. I'm not looking at writing a how-to book, but I would include enough technical details to make it interesting, without being overwhelming.

I suppose that, for example, about the electric car, I would explain what components that I used, but that would really just lead into a story of how I ended up at a moving sale where a guy had a full-size electric forklift in his garage. Why did he have one there? well, let me tell you..... How did I get it OUT from the forklift? That was fun too....

The misadventures, the why, and a bit of how to.

The road-trip has commonly been used as a structure for books and films. Ever read Tom Sawyer? All that was was a road-trip (OK, river trip...) with episodic adventures as they go down the river.

My life has been a bit of a "trip" the last few years too!

300mpg.org Learn how to BUILD YOUR OWN ELECTRIC CAR CHEAP
My YouTube Videos