View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 11:47 PM   #437 (permalink)
DieselFuelOnly
EcoModding Lurker

CX-5 - '16 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 30.96 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly1 View Post
NEVER do a "Brake check!" or intentionally slow down. If you do things like that you are just asking for trouble. In my life I have learned if you look for trouble you can always find it. If you insist on doing "Brake Checks" please completly fill out you organ donor cards and have your will in place. So if someone does go off on you atleast others may benefit from your loss.
Road rage is not right but you causing it is not right iether.
Do not squirt them, Do not give them obscene hand signals, do not try to escalate the problem. It is not funny and can be deadly. Some people will kill you for nothing, please do not give them a reason.
One of the guys who works for my lost his girlfriend, she was decapitated right in front of him due to a crash caused by road rage. So I really do not see any humor in doing "Brake checks" or anything else to intentionally piss off others. You may think it is funny but do you think it is worth dying for?

Maintain your speed and try to give them and opportunity to get around you. Use a little common courtesy and respect for others.

If you have to pull over on the shoulder so they can get by just do it and let them go. Farmers do it all the time and give you a polite wave when you pass them. A little common courtesy. What is wrong with that? Curly
+1 Can't agree more. Sometimes takes an event to really get that point home.