View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 09:56 AM   #41 (permalink)
divedaddy03
EcoModding Lurker

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmiller100 View Post
the laws for ENCLOSED motorcycles vary state to state somewhat.

For instance, in Idaho, Washington, California and many other states you do not need a motorcycle endorsement if you are driving an enclosed 3 wheeled motorcycle which has a car style seat and a steering wheel.

As I read the Minnesota laws, they are really confusing, but it SEEMS like to drive a 3 wheeled motorcycle you need to go pass the written test, but not the driving test. DO NOT TAKE MY WORD FOR THIS as the laws are really poorly written in Minnesota in this case.

It is clearly obvious a 3 wheeled enclosed motorcycle like we are talking is legal everywhere in North America. There are some questions about endorsements, whether kids under the age of 18 must wear helmets, but the rest is clear.

It took me a LOT of work to build my first trike. The second one will be 1/10th the work.

and easier after that.

the engine and wiring is the easy part. the hard part was getting the body right and the frame designed to work with the honda donor car.

Doug,

Thank you for all of your time/effort in bringing this topic to clarity on the thread, obviously you've done your homework on this issue.

Lets all pitch in and work together to make this bigger than only one person can do on their own.

Wayne
SC

Your mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.