View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012, 10:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
turbovr41991
Master EcoModder

Civic CX/HX - '97 Honda Civic CX/HX
Team Honda
90 day: 63.77 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by California98Civic View Post
Sorry I missed this!
No problem. I am pretty sure I am right about the transmissions. Feel free to check it out. I bought my CX from the original owner with a bad input shaft bearing. It still ran and drove fine, just ridiculously loud. It was the original transmission as well as the clutch. Having owned several DX and LX civics before, I can say without a doubt this has the VX highly geared trans. In fact I actually replaced the trans with one from a 94 VX. It drives identically.

I plan on improving the areo of the hatchback by adding a Kammback or a tail. Probably Kammback for the short turm.

I just sold a set of VX wheels I had been using. Those wheels were ok, but I dislike the options for 13 inch tires. If you did not know both the Honda VX and HX wheels were both manufactured by Enkei (stamp is on the inside of the wheel.) I am now trying to decide what wheels to use. I have the 14 in HX and some 9.5 lb 15 inch enkei RPF1 wheels. So now I am weighing my options. (sorry bad pun)

As for the condition, I will post pictures later. As stated before, the CX came from the original owner and was 100% stock. It was well maintained and garaged it whole life and still has glossy red paint. Also rust free which is pretty rare over here. I am pretty partial to it.

The HX I bought from the second owner. It is pretty clean but not maintained as well. Completely stock with some rush on the rear quarters and above the windshield (which is odd.) It is also red, but has faded due to being stored outside.

I guess a 3rd option would be to pick up a blown engine sedan and swap over the HX engine with a VX/CX trans into it. Reason being, I have a 4 month old and the car seat would be easier to deal with. Then keep the CX as is as a extra vehicle.