View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 03:13 AM   #1 (permalink)
Bdorion1
EcoModding Lurker

Fresh Powder - '12 Nissan Versa S
Thumbs up 2012 Versa MPG seems too good to be true. (47.5 mpg avg ... 5-speed sedan)

Hello all. Just bought a 2012 Versa sedan 5 speed manual. Literally the cheapest new car in America. Comes with AC, bunches of airbags etc. But the relevant thing is how great the MPG is. I've been driving it around for about a week now and I'm averaging 47.5 MPG with only very minor hypermiling techniques (neutral when coasting (not doing EOC), trying to time red lights a bit when practical, keeping my distance to avoid hard brakes, etc.). I knew this was a good match when I averaged 53 MPG over the 40 mile trip home from the dealer, and that was with the AC cranked. Granted that was essentially all at 40-60MPH with only a few starts and stops along the route.

Anyways, excited to see what I can come up with for improvements, and definitely recommend this car to anyone on this site looking for a new car. Don't buy the continuously variable transmission hype. If you pay attention to your driving the standard blows it out of the water, plus you save a few grand. I should know, my girlfriend has the CVT and is jealous of my numbers ha. Hopefully that wasn't too long winded and is helpful to someone.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bdorion1 For This Useful Post:
MetroMPG (07-27-2012)