View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 07:39 AM   #6 (permalink)
stargazerf3a
Like a 2CV only newer

Booboo - '06 Renault Clio 2 PH.3 LPG
90 day: 34.69 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by euromodder View Post
Keep a close eye on your engine coolant temperatures when blocking as much as this in the high temperatures .

The built-in temperature gauge may not be accurate or clear enough .

It's one of the reasons many of us run a ScanGauge ( Welcome to Scangauge Homepage - www.scangauge.net ( English Version ) sell them, and they're in Patras, Greece ) UltraGauge or MPGuino : exact coolant temperatures.
Thank you for your answer
The built in gauge is far less than accurate , i have installed a car pc so i have all the readings through the EOBD port. Yestarday i did a 20km highway ride and the highest reading was 90c for about 10 seconds. Most of the time is was between 80-86 degrees and it is what i usually expect. Thermostat opens at 89 degrees so i think i am ok for now. As you can see the left opening which i've covered doesn't cool anything but the A/C compressor and the alternator so i think is useless for my engine , it is maybe usefull to bigger engines.
Does mpguino measure temperature? that will be usefull cause i don't turn on the car pc always it pulls 5-6 amps and that i think can ruin my MPG