View Single Post
Old 07-28-2012, 06:25 PM   #11 (permalink)
user removed
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
Taking the multiple passengers assumption to an extreme you need more than 16 Passengers and a diesel, say 50 passengers and a bus. I understand the rationale, but I am transporting myself, on my schedule and only going where I want, when I ride my bike. In the car my wife and I ride and then we are getting almost the same mileage as my bike and me alone, but that is not really the issue.

The issue to me (and only me) is how much do I spend a month on fuel and how much does my family spend a month on fuel. I haven't financed a car or a house in almost two decades. I carry no long term debt, and I have long term debt obligations being paid to me, earning me income.

Getting out of the debt trap is what I call being a "farmer of net worth". It's not what you make, it's how much you grow your net worth on a time basis, like yearly. If you focus on increasing your net worth, and focus on elimination of debt obligations, you have gone a long way to true financial independence, as well as getting out of the "rat race" of trying to impress your neighbors, or for that matter impressing anyone with objects you are merely renting from another person or company.

regards
Mech