View Single Post
Old 08-02-2012, 09:35 PM   #17 (permalink)
brucepick
OCD Master EcoModder

Outasight - '00 Honda Insight
Team Honda
Gen-1 Insights
90 day: 54.18 mpg (US)
I sent aerohead (Phil Knox) a pm pointing to this thread, and included the profile photo in post #14 above. He pm'd me back, so here's a paste of his note for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohead
You know I'm the "Template"-guy,so that's what I recommend,but I also know that for real world driving with a 'fixed' tail,we may have to alter things.
I think your slope is okay.It looks like it continues down and back from Honda's curvature and they spent a lot of time developing that roofline.
The length of the tail should force the air to behave itself and your diffuser angle looks like your unlikely to do a ground strike when going up and down driveways.
I'd like to be riding shotgun when you test it!I think you'll be smiling at the gas pump.I just recorded one of my best mpgs with the boat tail on the T-100.
It really gives me a charge when members stick their necks out and go for the gold ring.
I appreciate what you've done and for including me in your circle of maniacs.Let us know how she shakes out at the gas pump.Thanks again,see ya,Phil.