View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 01:09 PM   #10 (permalink)
DonBarletta
EcoModding Lurker

40 years of motorcycling

I'm 6'1", 290 pounds, and I've been riding for 40 years (so far). I've owned a Harley-Davidson, a BMW airheard twin, a Honda 4 cyclinder, and now a Kymco scooter, a BMW R100RT, and a Honda Helix 250cc scooter (identical to the one that Craig Vetter has streamlined and blogged about on his website). I have never modified any of them for streamlining or fuel efficiency, but I have driven all of them for decades in a fuel efficient manner. Of all of the motorcycles and motorscooters I have owned, the Helix has been by far the MOST comfotable to ride for me. If I was looking to ecomod any two-wheeler, I would choose the Helix purely from the comfort standpoint. Compared to all of the other motorcycles and motorscooters in my life, the Helix is like riding on my favorite living room recliner! It is that comfortable for me, and no other 2-wheeler has ever come close in the comfort department. Plus the fact that Vetter has stated that he is going to release a streamlining kit for this scooter, would make the Helix the no-brainer choice for me personally.