Thread: Gashole Movie
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2008, 10:05 AM   #1 (permalink)
bennelson
EV test pilot

Electric Cycle - '81 Kawasaki KZ440
90 day: 334.6 mpg (US)

S10 - '95 Chevy S10
90 day: 30.48 mpg (US)

Electro-Metro - '96 Ben Nelson's "Electro-Metro"
90 day: 129.81 mpg (US)

The Wife's Car - Plug-in Prius - '04 Toyota Prius
90 day: 78.16 mpg (US)
Gashole Movie

Hey folks,

Last night I went to a one-night-only showing of GASHOLE, a gasoline documentry touring the country right now.

Had a great time. I bicycled to a friends house, and then carpooled in her Toyota to the showing.

At the showing, I met several interesting people including a guy interested in converting his motorcycle to biodiesel, and a guy building an electric trike. Good thing I brought my motorcycle business cards!

The film itself talked a lot about oil company profits, patent squashing, OPEC and the other usual things you would expect. Pretty good film overall, but it certainly didn't have a WHO KILLED THE ELECTRIC CAR budget.

The film's interviews were shot on a high-def digital camcorder (which looked great) but often, the stock footage cut-aways felt either not quite the right thing to show, or didn't have the right timing.

After the show, two of the film-makers were there for a talk-back.
They literally ARE just driving from city to city promoting the film, which will be in wider release this fall.

Overall, the film is worth watching. Check out the tour schedule for when it is in your city and get a group to carpool/hypermile/public transit your way out to it.

http://www.gasholemovie.com/Home.html

300mpg.org Learn how to BUILD YOUR OWN ELECTRIC CAR CHEAP
My YouTube Videos