View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 06:37 AM   #22 (permalink)
examorph
EcoModding Lurker

Thank you for the reply, I spent some more time playing around with the software and found that I was wrong, the speed the vehicle is going is not constant, it is accelerating or slowing down from its previous speed in real time meaning it takes time for the speed to become the one you tell it.

Now that I have a drag coefficient I am again confused, I am getting low numbers for the car I have modelled and similar ones I modelled in the past, the drag coefficients are ranging from 0.5-0.7, from comparing them to real size vehicles these are very very small numbers but it's understandable because the vehicle size is also a lot smaller, the size of the vehicle is only about 1.5m length x 0.8m width and 0.5m high.

The two questions I have are, do you think these drag coefficients are correct for the vehicle size given and if they are correct wouldn't that mean that the drag coefficient of this vehicle is so low that the motor running it will not be able to get to the speeds required for air resistance to slow the vehicle down allot. If this is also true then wouldn't that mean that I shouldn't really have to worry about aerodynamics and my main goal should be making the vehicle as light as possible?