View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 08:44 AM   #4 (permalink)
rickjames8
EcoModding Lurker

Civic VX - '94 Honda Civic VX
Euromodder,

Thanks for all the great feedback.

Quote:
I've had my sister's Skoda Fabia with the same engine @ under 4L/100km (> 59 mpg) even without really hypermiling it (i.e. no coasting etc )
It'll do 100mpg @ 70 kph on CC ...
What is CC? Crusie control?

Quote:
Taxes on diesel are rising to bring it more in line with petrol, so enjoy it while it lasts.
Bummer.

Quote:
At least in Belgium you do need a permit (for a moped, A3), unless you're born in the early 1960s - AFAIK, it's similar in France due to EU regulations.

Err ... if France is anything like Belgium - and being all to closely tied, it likely is - you can't drive these things on a suspended license, as the suspension is for all motor vehicles.
(It's the right to drive a motor vehicle that is revoked.)
I am pretty sure that they can be driven by someone who has never obtained a licence, moped or otherwise. However, you may be right about people with suspended licences NOT being allowed to drive VSPs. What I know, I have learned from hearsay, not anyone who is an expert on the matter. ;-) However, if you check the Aixam website, they seem to market it as though you can.
Market

I've spent the last 15 minutes or so trying to google the answer, but I can't seem to find any definitive source - just some people who say you can, others who say you can't. I'm curious, but not so much so to search beyond 15 minutes. ;-)

Quote:
You can get the more economical cars here, but you can't mod them as easily as in the US
This is very true. I REALLY miss my car culture here. I visited some friends in Germany last week and really wished the French had the same passion for cars here as they have over there. You rarely see ANY type of modified car.

-rr