View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 02:45 AM   #472 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,419 Times in 3,390 Posts
2 days ago around 3am, I stopped at an Arco I have never visited before. The attendant was nowhere to be seen and took a couple minutes to wander outside to my car. I said "fill regular, cash, please".

The guy stood there for a moment, and then asked if I wanted it filled with regular. "Yes, with cash". "Cash inside", he said.

I was a little annoyed because it seemed he was messing with me, but I couldn't tell for sure. Waiting inside, both the cashier and attendant did nothing for about a minute, and then the cashier asked, "you want it filled?" Both the attendant and cashier were talking on their radios in Spanish, but I couldn't make out what they were saying.

After taking twice as long as it should have to fill and pay, I jumped in the car and drove off...

Well, I'm looking at the worst tank yet at about 27mpg. I haven't changed my driving habits, and I usually fill up at an Arco (not this one). Considering I have been getting 31mpg this summer, and considering I get that regardless of stop and go traffic or steady highway cruising, I'm wondering what could be causing the poor economy. The car even feels less powerful.

You think the attendant could have done anything in the few minutes I was away from the car? I wouldn't think anything could easily be poured in the tank without throwing a PID code.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!