View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012, 10:37 AM   #54 (permalink)
Celiturbo
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Charlie View Post
I'll withhold judgement on the disrespect thing for the moment, but you're loking like a hater.

Read my little story again and you'll see what a complete meathead this guy was. He was either on the gas or the brakes the whole time because of his impatience, but he did this through two perfectly good passing zones without bothering to pass me until the third one. When he did pass it wasn't the simple proceeding on his way like most people would do, it was with a gratuitous amount of gas and downshifting of his automatic. Kind of silly, when you consider that he could have already been past me miles earlier if he had only noticed all those dotted lines back there.

Do some reading in the aero section- it turns out that dropping your tailgate is bad for FE. Yes it lowers the frontal area of your rear end, but it makes the truck's overall shape less efficient. Now there's nothing dumb about getting that wrong, but it shows that he had FE in the back of his head.. while abusing the throttle and brakes and having no concept of how to pass somebody. He wasn't in a hurry, he was in a coma.

And yes, you're missing something on gas prices: Gasoline futures have soared 19% over the past two months, setting in motion an increase in retail prices, which are up 7.2% over the same period, according to AAA Fuel Gauge Report.[/URL]
Or you kept speeding up and slowing down till the guy finally got annoyed and passed you. I couldn't care much personally I just found this thread off putting as far as the community involved with this site.

Like I said before, time is money or in some cases it is a matter of getting another half hour of sleep before another 14 hour day, or the difference of being home in time to take the lady out to a show.

I have a 88 celica alltrac making around 350hp awd at the wheels that does 12-20mpg driven very little, a 88 supra turbo that manages 35 on avg also driven very little, a 91 b2600i 4x4 that does 27 when I need to move things(boat, furniture, engines), and a 91 merc tracer lts with the 1.8l mazda engine that does around 40-45 for a daily driver which I have no complaints about.

I have had the idea of putting something together to do a lot better for cross country road trips rattling around in my head for a while now, the whole reason I ended up here. I'm also really curious about what a person would get out of running e85 on a high comp engine built for economy rather than hp. I know its a lower energy fuel but there is a lot of potential gain in what could be picked up with an optimal compression ratio for the fuel also.

I'm not sure what in that makes me a hater other than calling b.s. on 5 pages of people hating on others for not driving the way people here think they should.