View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 01:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
svt98t
Neutral is my favorite

The Black Pearl - '03 Mercury Marauder 300A
Team Panther

Land Yacht - '08 Lincoln Navigator L Ultimate
90 day: 15.89 mpg (US)

Tank of Justice III - '97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP
Team Panther
90 day: 23.1 mpg (US)
Could try wheel covers over the winter. I run 15" steel wheels for the winter. I use the 17"s in the summer when it's nice out. I have trips to Jacksonville, Raleigh, Long Island (2) and Philly (5). Plus another trip to Minneapolis and possibly Winnepeg.
I'm sure I could benefit from wheel covers.
And trust me, I need winter tires. These Buffalo winters can get quite crappy.
I was also thinking about making aluminum spacers to help block out the front end. I'll have a better idea when I get my header panel back.

Eventually, I'd like to try the full belly pan. Which requires a bit of aluminum.
Here's the plan:
I have to fix my Marauder first before I can take the Tank down for extended maintenance. It's the daily driver, and the wife cannot drive anymore, so everywhere she needs to go, I go.
I'll sandblast the frame and bottom of the car. I'll probably split the body from the frame and clean up everything and get rid of most the rust. Then, POR15 and some undercoating to make sure there will be no more rust. And I can replace the 20 year old body mounts with new polyurethane ones from Energy Suspension.
Onward to create underbody panels made from sheet metal that use cam-locs for fastening. It would require welding in 90* brackets with retainers to fasten the panels and would allow for them to be removed for maintenance. And it would look cool as hell.
I do work on my cars. Alot.
Also, I would powder coat the panels before installing them on the car.
Because, I can. (Best reason ever)
I'll take some demo pics of the cam-loc idea and post them up.

I think it's time to head out to the garage.

-ryan s.
2003 Mercury Marauder- 63k, not so fuel efficient; #1,548 of 11,052
2008 Lincoln Navigator L - 244k (don't ask about mpg)