View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012, 12:09 AM   #68 (permalink)
Vman455

Pope Pious the Prius - '13 Toyota Prius Two
Team Toyota
SUV
90 day: 51.62 mpg (US)

Tycho the Truck - '91 Toyota Pickup DLX 4WD
90 day: 22.22 mpg (US)
Thanked 1,802 Times in 939 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celiturbo View Post
Ok so having read through this thread it seem people are way off base. I'm here because I want to be, I have no disrespect for anyone on either side of the matter. I would find it far more likely the haters don't disagree one bit about people wanting to get better mpg, they are more likely sick of getting stuck behind people that refuse drive the speed of traffic or take forever to get up to speed after a stop. I know it drives me insane, at $40/hr time is money and I have places to be regardless of what that means in fuel costs. But that does not mean I'm not interested in saving some money either.
This assumes that every time you drive, you are eating into time when you otherwise would have been making $40/hr. Simply replace that valuable time with the cheap time you would have spent in front of the TV (I assume you aren't being paid for that), or time you would have spent lingering after a meal, or the time you wasted sleeping past your alarm, and use that when you're "stuck behind people that refuse to drive the speed of traffic" instead of your $40/hr time. Problem solved.

By the way, rounding up to the nearest minute, that will be $3.30 please, for wasting my time.
The Following User Says Thank You to Vman455 For This Useful Post:
Frank Lee (08-28-2012)