View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 07:24 AM   #19 (permalink)
320touring
Master EcoModder

The Mistress - '88 Bmw 320i Touring SE
Team m8
Last 3: 27.17 mpg (US)

Germany Beadle - '91 Mercedes 300td (estate, N/A)
90 day: 24.63 mpg (US)

The Bloodylingo - '05 Citroen Berlingo Multispace Desire
90 day: 39.77 mpg (US)

Shanner Scaab - '03 Saab 9-5 estate Vector
90 day: 26.19 mpg (US)

Clio 182 - '05 Renault Clio RS 182 182
90 day: 31.73 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by California98Civic View Post
Hello! The template is not lined up properly yet. Find the highest point in the roof line and match it to the template's high point. This might mean that the template "line" will track through your cars aft roofline.
Hi, thanks for your useful input!

As euromodder alludes to, the touring roofline is basically flat, and provides carrying capacity I find useful

therefore I tried to line up the template to retain the space, but look at how the template would indicate possible rear treatment for better aero..does that make sense?

Here's another photo, I'd be interested to see where you'd position the template- please have a go

Quote:
Originally Posted by California98Civic View Post
Undertrays get wide support here. Mirror deletes are more debatable. Grill blocks are good (keep an eye on temps. Make sure your early efforts at mods are completely reversible... you'll want a redo sometimes and you don't want to have drill holes all over the body!
I have the undertray off an e46 at my unit that I can butcher a bit to make it fit..

I wouldnt be deleting the miirors, jsut trying to reduce the frontal area a touch.

I'm hearing you re the " reversible"- the upper grills pull out easily-so even when blocked, I can clear them quickly

US MPG for my Renault Clio 182

---------------------------------------------------