View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 05:52 PM   #267 (permalink)
JethroBodine
MPG Militia HMV-25E80+A

FrankenJetta D - '90 Volkswagen Jetta GL
Boat tails and more mods
Diesel
TEAM VW AUDI Group
90 day: 64.35 mpg (US)
Thanks Mom for notifying me. (Yes that really is my Mom)

California98Civic- Looking at the stars in a location would have been great. I used to have the huge fold out National Geographic map of the Moon on my wall as a teenager.

Bruce- Having a great time win/lose/or draw. I did splurge on a FAN for the HOT summer nights we've been having out here.

Frank- Long ways away, but definitely not out of the question. I'll certainly have it running better by then

Made it safely to TC's( MANY MANY thanks!!!!). Car is running well despite the leaking injectors. Fuel mileage is in the mid 60's. I'll update my fuel log later. I wanted a second fill to see if things were way out of whack, but seem to be fairly consistent.

I'm quite pleased with the trip so far, in that I've been able to drive everywhere and not been towed and got to meet some really great people.

The clutch hasn't slipped( that I've noticed anyway, cement roadways are quite noisy and I don't have a tach) and should get me home easily. I've driven a few vehicles with slipping clutches in my time. I'm going to change my route a little, as going West to East through Troy, NY is about 5 miles of uphill stop lights. I'll go around the bottom of VT through Mass. Same mountains but no stop signs.

Laundry is being done and grilling is taking place.

Please feel free to post any and all pics from Bonneville here.

Thanks again everyone.

Quote:
It is always very amusing how our imagination is put to the test when overcoming reality. Redyaris
Boat tail project
How to gently bump start during EOC