View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 06:12 AM   #228 (permalink)
brucepick
OCD Master EcoModder

Outasight - '00 Honda Insight
Team Honda
Gen-1 Insights
90 day: 54.18 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
Aw crud. Forgot about that task. I'll get at it first thing next week. Sorry about that! (Writes it on to-do list....)
I've been thinking about this one.
I feel strongly a car should be able to be on more than one team if appropriate for the car. However I also feel it can be a bit unfair for a car to get full "credit" on more than one team for one car's worth of driver's effort. Taken to an extreme, one car with exceptionally high or low mpg scores could join half the teams, and drag them all down or boost them all up.

So I suggest - if it's reasonably possible to do this - that a car count on a team as a "half a car" if it's joined two teams, a third of a car if it's on three teams, etc. That is, it's effect on the team's averaged score would be weighted so it's an appropriate fraction of the effect of a "whole car".

I can nearly see the formulas or code for this in my mind's eye. Of course getting the site to do those calcs may or may not be reasonable.

Just as in life, where there would be a limit or a down side to spreading your participation around to multiple careers or sweethearts, simultaneously. Yes you can have two (or six!) girlfriends, but you can't give each of them the full attention they probably will want.

Last edited by brucepick; 09-08-2012 at 06:20 AM..