View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 09:01 AM   #5 (permalink)
turbovr41991
Master EcoModder

Civic CX/HX - '97 Honda Civic CX/HX
Team Honda
90 day: 63.77 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02ws6 View Post
All those seals and maintenance things are too easy to get to when the engines are out of these cars.. Make sure to go ahead and freshen up both. Itll be worth it down the road.
Thanks. I wound up replacing all the lower seals, water pump, timing belt, and all the valve cover gaskets. I also adjusted the valves too which were probably neglected for a while... The other just got a timing belt, water pump and front main.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96vtec View Post
Good work! I was planning on doing the same thing when my HX was rear ended but ended up selling it for $900. Didn't want to deal with the trouble of parting out everything else and cutting up the chassis or paying to get the shell junked.

It'd also be a good idea to wash the engine bay while the motor's out. Maybe check for any rust as well.

+1 for more pics and steady progress!
I think I read your post on wondering what to do. Was it a 95 CX swap you were considering? That would be a much harder swap than this one. These are both OBD2 cars so it plug and play and swapping over the stuff to make it work.

Updated pictures from yesterday. Sorry for the low quality camera phone pictures. Both engines are out, the HX engine has been freshened up. Hoping to have it back together today or tomorrow. Will take better pictures today.

Last edited by turbovr41991; 09-11-2012 at 07:54 PM..