View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 10:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
bennelson
EV test pilot

Electric Cycle - '81 Kawasaki KZ440
90 day: 334.6 mpg (US)

S10 - '95 Chevy S10
90 day: 30.48 mpg (US)

Electro-Metro - '96 Ben Nelson's "Electro-Metro"
90 day: 129.81 mpg (US)

The Wife's Car - Plug-in Prius - '04 Toyota Prius
90 day: 78.16 mpg (US)
Rolling Meetup, Milwaukee to Albany, NY to Seven Springs, PA and back, Sept 14-24

Hi Everyone,

I'm going to be a speaker at the Mother Earth News Fair in Seven Springs, Pennsylvania on September 21-23, 2012.

My wife has relatives in NY State, so we are going to attempt a ROAD-TRIP with a Two-Year-Old! We'll be traveling from Milwaukee to Schenectady, NY, spend a few days there, showing the Little Girl to her Great-Grandmother, and then use Thursday Sept. 20th to travel from NY State to Seven Springs, PA.

We'll be driving the red gen 2 Hymotion Prius on the trip, and will try to have it shown off at the Clean Car Show at the Mother Earth Fair at least one day.

If you are somewhere on my route, and want to meet up, let me know! Best way I guess is to send me a private message through Ecomodder.

I'd be happy to talk electric vehicles, DIY culture, and anything else, in exchange for home cooking, and a 15-amp electric outlet.

We'll just be taking the most direct freeway route, but I'll have a GPS Smart phone with, so I can check in on the road, and have enough time to get just a little sidetracked.

Thanks,

-Ben Nelson

PS: Maybe I can tweet my location as I go! https://twitter.com/300MPGBen

300mpg.org Learn how to BUILD YOUR OWN ELECTRIC CAR CHEAP
My YouTube Videos