View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 02:40 PM   #22 (permalink)
turbovr41991
Master EcoModder

Civic CX/HX - '97 Honda Civic CX/HX
Team Honda
90 day: 63.77 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucepick View Post
I checked speed vs rpm's in my HX this morning. Before using Marvel Mystery Oil in my fuel, it needed approx 2500 rpm or better to get lean burn. Nowadays I can run lean well below 2000. So try for LB above 2500 to test.

Today I noted:
ScanGauge "LOD" below 60 to go into LB.
Once in LB, LOD over 90-91 will put it out of LB.

Up till today I was using the TPS for same purpose,limits were 19 max to get LB and over 32 would end it. But the TPS limits actually vary with your rpm's, I think LOD numbers are a more consistent guide.
Awesome testing Bruce. I have been getting a check engine light for P1164 lately (main 5 wire O2 not reading properly.) Once I upped my RPM's and was going 70-75, I seem to get into lean burn just fine. Once in I can then lower my speed back down to 65 mph. I have a new O2 on order so know if it is the O2 limiting me, or the tall gears / low RPM's of the transmission.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakins View Post
Is LOD scan gauge talk for something?
LOD is a scan gauge abbreviation for engine load. It is a percentage of the maximum power available that is currently being generated to what is being used.

Quote:
And is there any write ups on what to wire an led or gauge up to see when you are in lean burn?
Yes, I will post some links later today unless someone else beats me to it. As Bruce said, it is for a VX, but they use the same O2 sensor and technology.

Quote:
I really hate to thread jack, I'm sorry haha. I'm just a really curious person. The car looks great with the HX wheels by the way. I'm surprised you opted to keep the a/c
Thanks. I want really high MPG, but don't want to give up AC. I also want to swap over the power windows and locks to have a few more "luxuries." Once that is complete I will probably put on a car alarm with keyless entry and a truck/hatch release. No remote start though… lol wasting fuel to get the car warmed up? NEVER!

Last edited by turbovr41991; 09-17-2012 at 02:45 PM..