View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 07:29 PM   #46 (permalink)
user removed
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorM View Post
You seem to be more than a little peeved that anyone would question your mighty wisdom.

I'm eager to see testing results and experimental data, as well as the methodology and procedures used. I give a lot of weight to that. I don't give a lot of weight to unsupported opinions, or people who get huffy when questioned or challenged.

I'll eventually get around to all the posts, In any regard regarding experiments, independent corroboration is a necessity. And if there isn't any, then I may do it myself.
After crawling through this most laborious thread, my conclusion is you will only recognise your own experimentation and empirical data as valid and appropriate for your purposes.
Why bother with us in the first place.
Your overpowered Nissan truck gets 12.5 MPG. My Fiesta does 45 MPG, my bike is just below 92, and my 41 year old bike still gets 4 times the mileage of your truck.
Your conclusion about two different engines needing the same amount of fuel to do the same amount of work is fallacious, and the best engine in the world today is at 56% thermal efficiency.
Not much of a group personality from my observation. You certainly do not need all of us other members with our likewise overinflated egos, unless I misread you intentions (probably not).

regards
Mech
The Following User Says Thank You to user removed For This Useful Post:
Frank Lee (09-18-2012)