View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 02:35 PM   #27 (permalink)
turbovr41991
Master EcoModder

Civic CX/HX - '97 Honda Civic CX/HX
Team Honda
90 day: 63.77 mpg (US)
The car did not seem better with the MMO on the first day, it actually seemed a little worse. Yesterday it seemed better and held lean burn for quite some time on the highway. At one point it entered it going 65 mpg, which is good for my current trend. I am running into a huge limitation that I have to be going 70-75 mph before getting in easily enter lean burn mode. It seems to enter between 2300 and 2500 rpm which is about the range for the speeds listed above in 5th gear. I have entered lean burn in lower speeds in other gears as long as the RPMs are around 2500, but this was only done for tests. The bulk of my up-shifting is done between 1700 and 1900 RPMs. Ultimately, I really need more Aero mods to be able to use lean burn effectively.
Today I was in a bunch of traffic and unable to go 70+ mph, so I decided to test out its DFCO ability. The reading on scan gauge seemed to be showing a little more delay than the CX engine/ECU, so I was a little concerned. Keep in mind I did not do any EOC. On trip today I averaged 52 mpg with a few long stops/ hard brakes and the other trip I averaged 63. The 63 was nearly perfect timing at lights and did not run into any major hiccups on the trip. So not even using lean burn, this engine seems more efficient in the lower RPMs. My lower speed sections of pulses seem to be brisker while not giving up valuable MPG in doing so. Perhaps tomorrow I will try a max mpg effort run rather than “testing.”