View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 03:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
AndrzejM
Master EcoModder

Berta - '97 BMW 318 tds Compact
90 day: 62.03 mpg (US)

Charlie - '07 Citroen C4 Grand Picasso Exclusive
90 day: 37.58 mpg (US)

Corsa - '05 Opel Corsa C
90 day: 53.22 mpg (US)

Mruczek - '03 Audi A2
90 day: 60.61 mpg (US)
A method to make your diesel engine running better especialy after serious mileage

I've read recently on polish BMW diesel forum that if you have problem with injectors or fuel pump you should add 0,2 - 0,5 liter of 2 stroke engine oil for 50 liters of diesel fuel. As you know my engine was rebuild, but injectors and fuel pump were the old ones. I thought then, why not to try? I know there are many fuel additives, which should make your car's fuel system clean. From the other side I know that modern diesel fuels are more dry than it was before. Just to allow better fuel atomization.
Anyway after I've filled up Berta's tank and drove about 60 miles (100km) I've added 0.25 liter of 2 stroke engine oil. I've used cheapest 2 stroke engine oil that i could find on a gas station. I've started to drive and after 40-50 miles I've noticed that my engine runs more quietly and smoothly. For now after 120 miles on the mixed fuel tank my engine is quiet and running smoothly.

I haven't noticed any smoke or change in exhaust fumes.

It works for me so I've decided to share my experience with you.

Quote:
Gerhard Plattner: "The best attitude is to consider fuel saving a kind of sport. Everybody who has enough money for a strong car, can drive fast and hit the pedal. But saving fuel requires concentration, self-control and cleverness. It's a challenge with the nice effect of saving you money that you can use for other more important things."