View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 06:53 PM   #9 (permalink)
Beau
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay635703 View Post
Not any different than a little MO once and a while, beyond the potential small pollution implication I don't really understand the bias against top end lube.

Its not like its new or doesn't work, certainly not a unicorn but it also doesn't always increase fe depending on your motor and its design. It generally reduces wear if used at the proper concentration.

It also can allow a motor that is not functioning correctly to run better (as I can attest to) right or wrong its a lot easier than doing the right thing and rebuilding.
I was very surprised to learn that MMO actually reduces lubricity in both gas and diesel applications. My Dad used it when towing his 5th wheel and believed it (just about) paid for itself, while reducing engine wear.

There are numerous and very long threads about TC-W3 on other forums (one well over 50 pages long).

There is a tendency for a few people on this forum to "reward" posts like this with some rather unduly sharp responses. I appreciate your response not being one of those.

Last edited by Beau; 09-21-2012 at 10:39 AM..