View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 09:57 PM   #41 (permalink)
thomason2wheels
wrx4me...

no worries - '91 Subaru legacy L
90 day: 31.45 mpg (US)

weevee - '08 suzuki vstrom dl650
90 day: 61.22 mpg (US)

wrx - '09 Subaru wrx sedan
90 day: 29.8 mpg (US)

Big Bright Green Pleasure Machine - '09 kawasaki ninja 250 se

Connie - '09 kawasaki concours
Quote:
Originally Posted by justjohn View Post
I think I actually did get the point, but it's definitely clear now. I was making the counterpoint that I would be doing almost exclusively road riding. Given how emphatic you are about it though, it makes me think that I'm probably better off abandoning that idea altogether and getting a cbr 250 or something like that.

Edit:
I do love the dr200 and concede that a dr 350 would make perfect sense if I were doing any sort of regular trail riding.
I dont know how long the roadtrips are u have in mind, but sportbike ergos may not be comfortable for stints over an hour or so. That said the ninja is a fun, good handling fuel efficient mount and i think the cbr would be too. Ninjas are cheap, plentiful, often with very low miles for their age. A genuine high value for dollar spent. The vstrom is asurprisingly capable long distance bike, very reliable and fuel efficient, but not nearly as much fun as the ninja. I own both and am tall at 6ft 4in 34 inseam. I can just flat foot the strom, the ninja is so much easier to handle, but for long rides the strom wins.