Go Back   EcoModder Forum > EcoModding > Motorcycles / Scooters
Register Now
 Register Now

Reply  Post New Thread

Submit Tools LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2012, 09:57 PM   #41 (permalink)
wrx4me...

no worries - '91 Subaru legacy L
90 day: 31.45 mpg (US)

weevee - '08 suzuki vstrom dl650
90 day: 61.22 mpg (US)

wrx - '09 Subaru wrx sedan
90 day: 29.8 mpg (US)

Big Bright Green Pleasure Machine - '09 kawasaki ninja 250 se

Connie - '09 kawasaki concours
Quote:
Originally Posted by justjohn View Post
I think I actually did get the point, but it's definitely clear now. I was making the counterpoint that I would be doing almost exclusively road riding. Given how emphatic you are about it though, it makes me think that I'm probably better off abandoning that idea altogether and getting a cbr 250 or something like that.

Edit:
I do love the dr200 and concede that a dr 350 would make perfect sense if I were doing any sort of regular trail riding.
I dont know how long the roadtrips are u have in mind, but sportbike ergos may not be comfortable for stints over an hour or so. That said the ninja is a fun, good handling fuel efficient mount and i think the cbr would be too. Ninjas are cheap, plentiful, often with very low miles for their age. A genuine high value for dollar spent. The vstrom is asurprisingly capable long distance bike, very reliable and fuel efficient, but not nearly as much fun as the ninja. I own both and am tall at 6ft 4in 34 inseam. I can just flat foot the strom, the ninja is so much easier to handle, but for long rides the strom wins.

Alt Today
Popular topics

Other popular topics in this forum...

Old 09-22-2012, 07:46 PM   #42 (permalink)
Master EcoModder

The Maxxis tire people offer a knobby style tire for 17 in. rims commonly used on sport bikes. A street 250 may be the best combination for size and economy. In year round riding the tires and fairing system are critical for safety and comfort. A motorcycle can be adjusted somewhat for seat height and reach to the handlebars. Your inseam and torso measurements will determine the dimensions you want. The Honda NX250 and the new CBR250 have similar engine spec. Note that a number of riders in the Vetter Challenge are older gents like myself who are not as limber when it comes to throwing a leg over a bike with a seat height greater than 30 in. Sendler seems to be doing well with the CBR250. A TU250 would do well but needs a good fairing. Access to parts and service may come into play as well.

Reply  Post New Thread