View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 03:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
nbleak21
Adventurist!

CLaero - '97 Acura CL Premium
90 day: 34.59 mpg (US)

CR-v - '03 Honda CR-V EX
Team Honda
90 day: 26.52 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron
Im going to see this week end how smooth wheel covers work on my 99dodge ctd I will also have a grill block. good luck on your MODS
Thanks, look forward to hearing the results!

Quote:
Originally Posted by California98Civic View Post
Is there any way you can find a place to crash one or two nights a week closer to work?
Yes, there is a place where I may end up crashing a night or two during the week, but my lovely girlfriend and I have recently moved into a new place together, and have a lot going on with getting the homefront squared away. the commute is only temporary (Dec or Jun at the latest), so no long term arrangements need to be made.

Quote:
The grill block and the driving techniques are the best bangs for the buck on this list.
Glad to hear, as those will be my first adaptations.

Quote:
LRR tires could be cool, but what are your current tires like?
current tires are oversized (215/60's vs stock 205/55's) high performance summer tires (IE wide & sticky) and also have a rated max sidewall pressure of 36, i am running 32psi at present, but will likely inflate them to max as well.

Quote:
Why vtec override? If you drive mellow, shouldn't it be possible to keep the vtec from engaging?
Honda's F22b1 VTEC is derived more for fuel efficiency then power, and kicks in between 2600-3200 rpms (right at highway speed rpms) I want to derive a manual override more for curiosity's sake then anything else, seeing whether it helps or hurts FE being controlled one way or another.