View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 11:30 PM   #96 (permalink)
2000neon
Master EcoModder

VX - '94 Honda Civic VX
Team Honda
90 day: 47.95 mpg (US)
The problem is that I have the new car coming one week from today . Our driveway is about as full as we can go (already have to park two cars on the road. In the family we have a 7 vehicles, the civic will be 8, my third here (El Camino, Civic, and Neon just sitting), EDIT: I guess we have 9 if you count my brother's motorcycle. So I don't have the room to hang onto it and wait for parts to go, and with winter coming it makes it even harder to keep parts around.

It is driveable as is, but for a new owner to drive it it needs to pass a safety inspection, which it wont. Not without SERIOUS body/ structural work (almost every panel), as well as some mechanical issues like the wheel bearing, control arm bushings, probably tires, etc. Way too much work for a new person to get it on the road, and I would feel horrible suckering someone into buying it thinking it's worth it.

Also, as far as parting it out, kijiji is flooded with Neon parts from cars exactly like mine, for me to sell anything, it would have to be for pennies on the dollar, if it even sells. To me, $250 upfront, right away and i'm done with it is worth it to me. I will get some pictures to give you an idea of how bad the car is.