View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 12:21 AM   #7 (permalink)
California98Civic
Cyborg ECU

Black and Green - '98 Honda Civic DX Coupe
Team Honda
90 day: 66.42 mpg (US)

Black and Red - '00 Nashbar Custom built eBike
90 day: 3671.43 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattrich67 View Post
The way I lowered my car was some springs I got used they are tein s techs

What are some other DIY changes I can do

I REad something about a grille block? and also cutting holes in filter box?

Also I wanted to change the fluid in my transmission maybe some synthetic?! Any suggestions? I checked the fluid in it and it looks nice and clear but feels thin.
Grill blocks are a favorite, regarded as proven effective around here. I run one covering 70-80% of the grill area. Don't cut-up your airbox! You'll never get it back to stock. Instead, look up how some guys made warm air intakes. I just run dryer hose from the airbox to the CAT. IATs are 30*+ above ambient all the time. In my MT I have been running Royal Purple synthetic oil for quite a while now, got the idea from others on here. No troubles (yet?). Use the site's search function... check out my car's page by clicking the link to the left that says "Black and Green" (I publish lots of notes and links).
See my car's mod & maintenance thread and my electric bicycle's thread for ongoing projects. I will rebuild Black and Green over decades as parts die, until it becomes a different car of roughly the same shape and color. My minimum fuel economy goal is 55 mpg while averaging posted speed limits. I generally top 60 mpg. See also my Honda manual transmission specs thread.