View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 01:55 PM   #608 (permalink)
jtbo
Master EcoModder

ZX - '97 Citroen ZX Monaco
OldContinents
90 day: 61.05 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven7 View Post
It's weird that it wouldn't do that during P&EOC, though. I haven't been doing a lot of it (and have now quit doing EOC all together) but, well, you know. When it happened yesterday Google Maps says I'd been driving for 1.5mi or about 3 minutes after the last stop light, at which the engine was likely off. 50mph speed limit.

I'm going to check and grease the connectors in the injection circuit in the next few days. Remember that my friends replaced the ignition module with one from a Chevy truck some time before I bought it. One of them suggests one of the connections might be icky. Seems reasonable?

Trying to find some under-hood insulation for cheap. It would be nice to come out to a semi-warm car after my four hour shift. Seems legit:
4' X 10' EZ Cool Automotive Heat and Sound Insulation | eBay

My hours just got cut to 5 days a week or 20hr/week. Less money for car stuff. I'm going to see if I can go to LSPR before getting the wheel bearing done. It's squeaking a bit but it's been doing that for hundreds (thousands??) of miles.
Rockwool is cheap, great insulation, almost impossible to set on fire as it is used around chimneys at 2nd floor here to act as fire cut/break (whatever that is called properly).

But because it is rather soft, one would need some kind of metal mesh/net to hold it on place, however not impossible to fabricate and probably most effect with that, with 100mm thick sheet/block on top of my freezer, I managed to get ice between freezer and rockwool. I wrapped my electric water heater with that and cut it's electricity usage to half and it is really cheap compared to almost anything else.
Bonus is that it is really good sound insulation too.

edit: for metal net look garden fence or dog fence, here we have something called chicken fence and then something I don't know how to translate, it is metal net used to make fish traps that you throw to water and lift next day with alive fishes inside, anyway that has holes size of finger, chicken net has holes size of several fingers, those other are even larger, most probably work, but two smallest ones are perhaps most economical choices and add less weight. I would not put anything plastic there.

Last edited by jtbo; 10-08-2012 at 02:00 PM..